Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Hitman Anders and the Meaning of It All by Jonas Jonasson

28175279
DESCRIPTION:
A madcap new novel from the one-of-a-kind author of The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden

A GANGSTER, A VICAR AND A RECEPTIONIST WALK INTO A BAR . . .

Hitman Anders is fresh out of prison and trying to keep his head down when he meets a female Protestant vicar (who happens to be an atheist), and a receptionist at a 1-star hotel (who happens to be currently homeless). Together they cook up an idea for a very unusual business that’s going to make them all a fortune – but then all of a sudden, and to everyone’s surprise, Anders finds Jesus . . .

Anders’ sudden interest in religion might be good for his soul but it’s not good for business, and the vicar and the receptionist have to find a new plan, quick.

As wildly funny and unexpected as The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared and The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden, this is a madcap, feel-good adventure about belief, the media – and the fact that it’s never too late to start again.
REVIEW:
There is something about Swedish authors that just makes me stick to them like glue. And that's what make writing a review on them so unbelievably hard... My objectivity just blows right out of the window! Puff and there it goes. It is the same with Jonasson: I read his earlier novels in a hurry ( I told myself that this is the right thing to do if you're going to be giving a review about his third novel)  and that was not even very hard to do! His sense of humour and his story telling gift are of top quality I'm telling you. His characters are there to give you a good laugh, and if you enjoy language play and bonkers moral advise this is definitely an absurdity novel for you! It found it the right for me for it gave all I expected with a twist of humour that I really need, lately.
As I was reading Hitman Anders and the Meaning of it All I couldn't but pay attention to all the wonderful details that the author had put it, because they are so important to the nuances he is trying to show. His very gentle implications for this or that made me give out surprised squirrel-like noises in public ( still blushing under the looks of people). The novel is SIMPLE, STRAIGHTFORWARD, OLD-FASHIONED, SLAPSTICK HUMOUR! If I had to compare Jonasson to another author the price would go to a favourite one of my father's and me - Jaroslav Hašek and his The Good Soldier Švejk!!!4FOXGIVEN
With an unexpected ease I give the novel four fox! It surprised me tremendously! THANK YOU, NETGALLEY!

No comments:

Post a Comment