Friday, April 1, 2016

The Long Drop by Denise Mina Sadly Only Chapter 1

27415447
DESCRIPTION
A standalone psychological thriller from the acclaimed author of the Alex Morrow novels that exposes the dark hearts of the guilty...and the innocent.
The "trial of the century" in 1950's Glasgow is over. Peter Manuel has been found guilty of a string of murders and is waiting to die by hanging. But every good crime story has a beginning. Manuel's starts with the murder of William Watt's family. Looking no further that Watt himself, the police are convinced he's guilty. Desperate to clear his name, Watt turns to Manuel, a career criminal who claims to have information that will finger the real killer. As Watt seeks justice with the cagey Manuel's help, everyone the pair meets has blood on their hands as they sell their version of the truth. THE LONG DROP is an explosive novel about guilt, innocence and the power of a good story to hide the difference.
REVIEW
I received only an extract from this novel; the first chapter to be exact. BUT did it give me goosebumps all over my body, oh baby it DID! And this means that it is going to be a hell of a book, that I have to buy or it will be the end of me! Denise Mina, girl, you got me from the first sentence. I am hooked, I have no idea how I will wait for The Long Drop to be published! The writing is extremely vivid and the atmosphere that is created is out of this world... well, in this world ... it is a masterpiece. I know these are quite strong words I am using there, but I loved it so much! So much I read it out loud a couple of times just to feel the words rumbling down my tongue. The world play is so good, it is on the verge of sin. Sensual and yummy! I hope the plot revolves just as catchy or it will be a waste of talent! Denise Mina is a creature that knows her words and knows how to use them to mesmerise!!!! Absolutely brilliant!!!
I hate that I only got a sneak peak! As one other reader said it:
"It’s almost like opening the door just a smidgen and letting you peer round the corner at the unfolding story, only to be yanked back and have the door shut in your face rather abruptly."
HORRIBLY UNFAIR!
But, alas, I just have to wait a bit longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment